Welcome to the New Year!
So, I’ve been lax about posting here. To be honest, I thought this would happen. I’m not one to really write about my feelings or write much (about me at least) at all – I prefer to talk it till 12 in the morning with Candice and get insta-feedback (true story – that happened Tuesday night [Wednesday night? Some night this week]. She got home about 9:30, which is about when I’m turning in [true story, I’m actually a 45 year disguised as a 25 year old], we started talking and next thing we knew it was midnight! Whoops!) But so, what has been happening in my life, you may ask. Well let me tell you…
1) I turned 25! Yes, a whole quarter of century old. Candice and I were at the local restaurant/bar we usually go to to watch Pens games and I had this brief, minute panic moment where I realized I was going to be a quarter of a century old – what! But, I got over it and it hasn’t happened since. I got a very sweet voice mail from Sam at about 12:15A since he was working a PM to AM shift and then that evening, my aunt and uncle had a wonderfully delicious dinner for me and Candice. Birthday menus and all – my aunt is seriously, by far, the best cook I know. She made Indian and she’s vegetarian, but, oh, so delicious!
2) It became 2014! Well, that happened for everyone, but Candice and I have taken to hosting a small New Years Eve gathering at our place – in fact, I’m pretty sure we’ve (or at least I have) hosted a New Years ever since we were living together at the 426 (our nickname for the house we lived in college because it was at, ironically, 426 Concord – clever, I know) our senior year of college. 4 New Years in a row. It was a wonderful little party with friends and Cards Against Humanity (like Apples to Apples, but so much easier to offend) and Freddie/Marcus. Who is Freddie/Marcus, you ask? Well, Freddie/Marcus is #3.
3) We caught a mouse! Ew. Not got, like we decided to get one as pet. No, we had a nasty little fellow scampering around who decided to crash our New Years Eve Party. At least it was towards to the end and everyone was starting to contemplate leaving anyways. I won’t tell you how, only that we have yet to see another one and so, we think the Great Mouse Experience of 2013-2014 is over! Thank goodness!
4) I got to party with new Pittsburgh Mayor, Bill Peduto! Candice and Colleen sing in choir that happened to land a gig at Mayor Peduto’s inauguration party and they were allowed one guest. And, of course, I have the BEST roommate in the world who knows that I love local politics and kindly invited me to be her plus one. It was at the Heinz History Center and we had so much fun roaming around and exploring it. Plus, we got a picture with the mayor! It hasn’t been published on the photographers website, but you know the minute I get it, I’ll post it as my Facebook profile picture! It was great to see, though, that as much as Mayor Peduto talked about supporting the arts in Pittsburgh, he really did. There were some great small arts organizations, like Belle Voci, the group Candice and Colleen sing in, plus some really awesome dance troupes that did some great things!
5) Downton Abbey started Season 4! And, boy, what a way to start. Episode 1/2 here in the states, we (Candice, Colleen, and myself) all agreed was a little meh. But Episode 3. Oh Episode 3. We were not prepared for that one. Well, Colleen and I were, but we thought we had another week at least to prepare ourselves! Anyone have any thoughts on that one??
6) I submitted my grad school application! Everything is in and now I play the waiting game. I’ve applied to just one program, but I’m really excited about it. It’s at Carlow University, their MBA with a concentration in Program Management. I kind of fell into program management naturally through stage management, but I can see it going much further, especially with all the interesting things happening at work now.
Those are the really big things that have happened so far in 2014 – but there’s been some wonderful little things here and there too. Dinners with Sam, dinners with Candice, dinners with other friends and just plan being fun and spunky like always. I hope everyone else had a fun and safe New Years and that things continue to go great for everyone!